Monday 19 March 2012

Passion for Print



On Friday I paid a visit to the wonderful Adams of Rye, a local wood type printers used by well known graphic artists such as Anthony Burrill and Aardvark. The printer is located at the back of an old fashioned newsagents come gift shop that's served by attentive little ladies in bibs, ready to serve you. It's like stepping back in time. I was accompanied to the printing office and as the printing office door swung open, I entered what was a treasure trove of letters. Here's a little window into the wonderful world of letterpress.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... what a truly scrumptious post, how wonderful to have the opportunity to wander round this fabulous old printers, all those beautiful wooden printing blocks, I want to reach right out and touch them!! Thank you for sharing your visit. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I felt so privileged, I didn't want to leave! Thanks for reading. x

    ReplyDelete