Saturday 30 April 2011

Luscious Liberty


It takes me hours to get around Liberty. 5 floors of pure joy. My favourite floor being the 4th floor, a haven of things for the home. I have to touch everything, be it a thousand pound cushion cover or a £10 pug plate. Today I died and went to heaven. There was just so much, I had to sit down. There was Zoe Murphy's bespoke printed furniture which would bring a smile to anyone's face.


Re-Found have a section of pure delights - my particular favourite was their vintage throws which came in gorgeous candy colours. I spent ages in the book section thumbing Angie Lewin's Plant's and Places and also Penguin's recovered classic series.


My absolute highlight was discovering textiles from Josef Frank. Never have I seen his work before and at first sight, I was in love.


It was also nice to get my hands on Thomas Hopkins-Gibson's work who was discovered on the BBC's Britain's Next Big Thing. His work was beautiful and in particular I liked his wooden bowls that featured pins and fastenings used to repair areas of the reclaimed wood.



I just can't wait to go back and get lost again in the latest creations for the home. My absolute heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment