Thursday 27 January 2011

I like a good nose

I don't know about you but I love looking round other people's houses. In particular creative people's homes. I find it fascinating seeing how other people live, other people's passions and comforts. Which is why I love the work of Todd Selby, a New York based photographer who takes photographs of very interesting people in their homes. Be them candid or incredibly contrived, they are an insight into that person and who they are. Here's some shots chez Monsieur Starck who, I will quite happily admit, is on my celebrity cheat sheet! I think it's the French accent.



Anyway, I digress. Getting back to nosing at other people's homes. Local to me photographer: Daniela Exley takes beautiful captures of interesting people's homes in Hastings and St Leonards and one of her recent visits was to the home of artists Peter Quinnell and Claire Fletcher. Owning many prints by Claire and having been taught by Peter, it's fascinating to look at their trinkets of inspiration and see their living arrangements are as pretty and sugar coated as Claire's illustrations.


I love eclectic interiors that represent their owners and tell a story. Once I finish getting my house together, maybe I'll treat you to a nose chez moi. x

No comments:

Post a Comment