Saturday 29 January 2011

A cup of rosie with your home made cosy

I love tea. I estimated the other day that on average I drink around 2080 cups of tea a year and my work colleagues believe it's likely to be much more than this. Tea for me equals a breather. It's funny our little routines, my tea o clock schedule in the week goes a little something like this: 6.30am, 9am, 11am, 2pm, 4pm and then 7pm. And often there's a cheeky cup or 2 snuck in inbetween. I'm actually quite alarmed as I type this!!

Anyway, as I was drinking my tea today, I spotted my rather sorry looking tea cosy - a vintage one I picked up in a charity shop a few years ago. I would love to get a Jan Constantine tea cosy but at £66.50 and being into craft, it would seem a real shame not to make my own. And so I share with you this great little piece from the Guardian on How to make a tea cosy. Guardian online is great for handmade projects and you can keep online clippings of your favourites. I'll make sure I post a picture of my finished tea cosy!


No comments:

Post a Comment