Saturday 9 January 2010

Brush this app under the carpet?

Drawings by David Hockney, made with the Brushes application on his iPhone, 2009. Source

It makes me smile to picture the 70-something Hockney creating pictures on his iphone and I thought I'd give the brushes app a go myself and see what all the fuss is about. In my opinion, it's great for long train rides, but otherwise, I don't have the patience to work on such a small scale. Some of the stuff that has been produced with this app is quite interesting: 



and people have gone crazy on Flickr but there's something rather perturbing about this iphone art - maybe I'm just an ageing technophobe I don't know? Brushes reminds me of the crappy Paint you used to get (or probably still get) on PCs and let's be honest, most of the pieces of 'iphone art' look like a ten year old's gift to mum. Claws retracted, I know it's a bit of fun and good for idle hands, no disrespect Mr Hockney. So has anyone else tried Brushes? Anyone going to make me eat my words?!

No comments:

Post a Comment