Saturday 12 September 2009

Birthday Bonanza

Is it just me or are there lots of birthdays in September? Must be all that merriness at Crimbo.

I seem to have bought an awful lot of birthday cards this month - but I love browsing for the right card. nineteenseventythree have a gorgeous collection from different designers. I'm hoping one day I might have a collection with them (one can dream). 

On my hunt for a card with a difference, I came across this gorgeous 1950s birthday card that doubles up as a dexterity puzzle. You have to remove and replace the figure and ring without tearing or bending either. 


The rhyme on the card reads: 
"A birthday card that's really new, 
For here's a puzzle just for you. 
Now let's find out if you are quick, 
To see the way to do the trick, 
And if you can't - well don't despair, 
Read at the back - it tells you there!!". 

A lovely little piece of inspiration to go in my box of paper gems. A big happy birthday to all my September birthday buddies. xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment