Thursday 2 February 2012

A little perspective

I was sitting reading the March issue of ELLE Decoration in my lunch hour today and editor Michelle Ogundehin featured a quote by Mother Teresa which made me stop and think about how easy it is to hamster-wheel our way through life. I think these words are a nice reminder to gain perspective sometimes. One for the wall me thinks.

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is struggle, accept it.
Life is tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”

Mother Teresa

2 comments:

  1. Hey jen,
    Long time no chat!!! Hope things are great for you. I love these words you have put up today. And I also love your bike print below.
    Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Clare - things are good thanks. Lots of juggling (not actual balls lol) but it's all good. The words are lovely aren't they - made me wake up a little from my bubble of busy-ness. Chuffed you like the bike print - it's my favourite. It's actually an illustration of my vintage bike: http://www.flickr.com/photos/penandpringle/4569302442/in/photostream/ which I absolutely treasure! Hope you're well too? Love your latest illos for your Feb challenge - what a great idea. I'll be keeping my eye out each day for your daily dose! x

    ReplyDelete