Sunday 4 September 2011

This is how we do it

I love a lazy Sunday. I get pretty grumpy if I can't have a lazy Sunday. A lazy Sunday itinerary usual entails pottering about the house, reading the papers, baking...I think you get the picture.


Well on today's lazy Sunday, I decided to do something a little crazy. I attempted a different flapjack recipe. And for the first time ever, my flapjacks didn't completely fall apart! So in celebration of my perfectly square flapjacks, the hubby and I skipped to Pett to enjoy said flapjacks with a nice hot tea. Ok so we didn't skip but we made our way merrily to the beach.


I'm never one to follow instructions exactly so here's my thrown together recipe. Particularly tasty for those who like cakes that aren't too sweet.

Ingredients:

4 tbsp honey
200g olive margerine
150g porridge oats
100g dessicated coconut
50g dried fruits

1. On a low heat, melt margerine and mix in honey.
2. Turn heat off and add oats, coconut and dried fruits to melted mix.
3. Add mix to grease proof tin. I like to spread my mix so it's about 2cm thick and use your hands to press the mix down so that it's nice and compact.
4. Bake for 25min at 180C/350F/Gas 4 or until slightly golden brown on top.
5. Whilst hot, gently score into squares.
6. Leave to cool before turning out.

No comments:

Post a Comment