Sunday 26 June 2011

What lies beneath




Another weekend, another DIY duty. This weekend I made a start on the spare bedroom and was amazed to reveal a football wallpaper in quite good condition. I'm not sure how old this wallpaper is. I'm thinking 70s but other family members are saying maybe 1950s? Anyone have any ideas?

I had set ideas on how I wanted the spare bedroom. I was going to go for bright and scandi but now I've unearthed this, I'm half tempted to keep this and turn the room into something a little quirky - I'm thinking flea market chic meets industrial style. I envisage lots of framed prints, grey and neutral textiles, an eclectic mix of metal coat hooks with vintage men's suits/ accessories. And a wall of brogues and interesting shoes.

I know the wallpaper is very boy-bedroomy but it's vintage quality has so much character I think it would be a shame not to give it a chance. Oh I just love how something that currently exists in a room can dictate how a room should be designed/ styled. Watch this space...

No comments:

Post a Comment