Wednesday 27 May 2009

A Wicked Wednesday

Well I've just had the greatest news!! Yours truly is a YCN Awards winner! Check out http://ycnonline.com/awards. My poor neighbours downstairs must be going crazy as I've spent the last 2 hours ringing all my family and friends bouncing up and down and screaming. I'm so chuffed as this award is kind of like affirmation that 'going back to school' and pursuing my passion for graphic design was the right decision. 

Anyway, enough of the waffle. Here's a look at my winning entry:

Style magazine is a sacred supplement for followers of style. No glossy comes close in comparison and fashionistas nationwide abide by its content. My solution for Style's ad campaign plays on this bible like status, inspired by early bibles where beautiful illuminations (decorative illustrations) were created for sacred subjects.


Hidden amongst the illuminations are icons familiar to those 'in the know' which reflect the content of Style magazine, from hidden Louboutin's, antique tea plates and cutlery to problem solver Mrs Mills.


Oozing in sophistication, this highly elegant execution looks to position Style magazine as the leader in the market.





4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    looks great on the cab
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Jen - first class piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, cheers Richard. What are the chances of getting into the Observer do you reckon? LOL.

    ReplyDelete